An active shooter is an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area; in most cases, active shooters use firearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims. In the event of a shooting incident, immediate, strategic and decisive reaction of all personnel is critical. The only way to react responsibly is to have a plan in place and to practice and mentally accept the role you may need to employ.
The primary concerns to be addressed by Galleria Tenants include:
- Develop and be ready to implement the Tenant’s own company-specific emergency plan regarding an active shooter
- Remember the Run, Hide, Fight scenario
- Understand and communicate this plan to all other employees
- Emphasize the importance of each person remaining calm, listening to the building announcements and taking responsibility for their own safety immediately upon hearing of the active shooter incidentUnderstand and communicate this plan to all other employees
- Engage the Tenant Emergency Wardens to assist your employees as needed to the degree that does not endanger their own safety
Please watch the video clips below entitled “Active Shooter” and “Run, Hide, Fight” for more information.
We hope that you gather useful information from our website and encourage you to watch the video segments pertaining to various emergencies. Also included on our website is the Emergency and Security procedures manual and an Emergency Warden video encompassing the major emergency procedures utilized at the Galleria.
For questions or comments, please contact CK Director of Security at 770-955-6198.